Mobile testing is tricky without the right tools.
Over the last couple of articles we’ve discussed some of the challenges that Mobile Testing brings, including:
- The prohibitive amount of execution effort
- The number of different device/OS combinations
- Simulating real-world network conditions
We’ve discussed tooling in general terms – it’s the only practical way to get through a proper mobile test cycle – but we haven’t looked at tool options yet.
This week I want to do just that and take a look at the current world leading mobile testing tool, Micro Focus UFT Mobile. I’m going to look at 5 ways UFT Mobile can help you address your mobile testing challenges.
5 ways UFT Mobile can help you
As we’ve seen, there are so many considerations to mobile testing - Which devices, screen sizes and operating systems? How to simulate network conditions and roaming? There’s also device security, power consumption and battery life? Not to mention usability, or how your app will cope with changes to user settings?
Micro Focus UFT Mobile is built for exactly these challenges.
UFT Mobile will make your life so much easier:
- Shrink Your Execution Effort with automation - Mobile Test Automation with UFT Mobile will slash your test cycle execution times. Weeks become nights, or even hours. Kick off the tests before you shut down for the evening and have the results ready first thing in the morning - Instead of waiting weeks for manual executions.
- No more wasted effort finding and maintaining devices - With UFT Mobile you will never need to find a device again. UFT Mobile provides remote access to real mobile devices and in-built emulators so you can access your in-scope phones and tablets at the touch of a button.
- Simulate your real-world network conditions - UFT Mobile lets you simulate multiple different network conditions and signal strengths. This allows you to see how your solution will perform in the real world. No more guesswork, no more unpredictable performance.
- Leverage your existing assets with open source tool integration - UFT Mobile integrates with your existing tools to make your life as easy as possible. You don’t have to duplicate effort across solutions, you don’t have to create bespoke integration harnesses. UFT Mobile will fit seamlessly into your current landscape – including integrations with UFT One and with open source automated testing tools such as Appium and Selenium.
- Make sure your mobile solution is functional, secure and performant - UFT Mobile is your central location for all mobile testing. UFT Mobile integrates with your other tools (such as Fortify and LoadRunner) so you can execute functional, security and performance testing across all of your in-scope devices.
Mobile testing is tricky without the right tools, but UFT Mobile does make is significantly easier. mobile testing easier and quicker. We’ve seen 5 ways UFT Mobile can help you address your mobile testing challenges. The next step is to get your hands on the tool and see for yourself.
Arrange a free trial today
Another positive - UFT Mobile is available on a free trial basis. This lets you quickly see for yourself how UFT Mobile will address your mobile testing challenges and make your life easier.
If you’re involved in mobile testing, click the button below and we’ll arrange a free trial.
Post a Comment
Sign up to receive the latest, software testing insights, news and to join the Calleo mailing list. You can, of course, unsubscribe at any time.